SERVPRO's Fire Damage Restoration Process
After a fire, homes typically suffer from some extent of fire and smoke damage. Many will also suffer from extensive water damage due to the efforts to extinguish the fire. SERVPRO has the specialized training needed in order to restore your home to its pre-fire condition.
Below is the general process that each SERVPRO franchise performs for a typical fire emergency.
- The process starts by calling to SERVPRO's 24/7 emergency call center. Once the proper information has been provided, a local franchise will be dispatched to the fire emergency.
- Our highly trained technicians will arrive to the site and inspect the extent of fire, smoke, and soot damage. From there a plan of action will be made.
- In the event of exterior damage done to the home, SERVPRO professionals can board up missing walls and windows and place tarps on damaged roofs.
- The water removal process will begin as soon as possible. Once the majority of the water has been cleaned up, dehumidifiers and air movers will be placed in order to remove any of the remaining water and complete the drying process.
- Specialized equipment and techniques will be utilized to remove soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
- Any restorable items and structures damaged by the fire will be cleaned to restore them to pre-fire conditions. Any lingering odors will be removed by air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- Restoration involving minor repairs may also need to be done to restore the home to it's pre-fire condition. Repairs can include replacing drywall or flooring, repainting the damaged areas, or even reconstructing whole rooms.