How the Mold Remediation Process Works
MOLD PROBLEM? CALL US AT 949-429-3188
The following process down below describes the general process on how SERVPRO handles mold damage and remediation at a property. While each mold situation is different, the protective protocol remains relatively the same.
- following a property owner's call to our 24/7 emergency call center, a local SERVPRO will be dispatched to perform an inspection of the affected areas
- our technicians will use specialized equipment to detect hidden mold and water sources
- contaminated areas will be contained with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep mold spores from spreading
- powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums will be placed in order to prevent the spread of mold spores
- antimicrobial and antifungal treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and to prevent new colonies from forming
- mold infested materials such as drywall and carpeting may need to be removed and disposed of in order to remediate mold growth
- any furniture, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold can be cleaned and disinfected
- depending on the level of damage done to building materials, restoration involving minor repairs may need to take place (replacing drywall, painting, new carpet installation.